I am a big fan of experimenting with my hair and I started my ayurvedic hair journey because of Curly Proverbz. If you’ve never heard of her, google her and see how gorgeous her hair is.
Before I proceed, let me quickly introduce myself for those who are new on my blog: My name is Naliaka Brenda, I am a natural hair enthusiast and I love experimenting with my hair and sharing DIY hair recipes with my readers that you can easily make at home.
I decided to add an ayurvedic powder into my tea mixture because I love tea rinses for my hair a lot. I did this experiment for 71 days to truly see if it worked or not. Continue reading to find out if it did wink.
What I used:-
- 1 tbsp. Amla
- ½ Ginger
- 5 Rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp. Lavender
- 1 Black tea bag
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential oil
I used the DIY ayurvedic tea occasionally on my hair then sealed the moisture with EVOO. The tea really helped with my shedding and we all know to retain length as a naturalista you have to reduce the shedding.
Making this infused tea is really easy and it’s inexpensive.
What I did:
Boiled water then added the herbs and let them infuse for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, after it has cooled I added the peppermint essential oil.
I added a little amount of tea in my spray bottle for use.
I then transferred the rest of the tea from the pot to a dark bottle and placed the tea in the refrigerator for preservation.
As you can see from the pictures above, my shedding reduced and even though shedding is normal at least the shedding is minimal.
Benefits of Amla
- Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties are effective in stopping dandruff.
- It helps reduce itchiness resulting from dandruff.
- It contains essential fatty acids that penetrate into the follicles, making the hair softer, shinier and voluminous.
Benefits of Ginger
- It helps stimulate hair follicles, which in turn promotes hair growth.
- It has many vitamins, minerals and fatty acids which contribute to strengthening your hair strands.
- It has antiseptic properties that help reduce scalp infections and dandruff.
- It provides some natural conditioning benefits to help improve the look and feel of your hair.
Benefits of Rosemary
- It stimulates and improves blood circulation to the scalp thus encouraging hair growth.
- It has antibacterial properties which gently cleanses the hair.
- Increases shine.
- Relieves irritated, dry, flaky, dandruff ridden scalps.
Benefits of Lavender
- Deep conditions the hair.
- Increases shine.
- Helps control dandruff.
Benefits of Black tea
The antioxidants and caffeine in black tea may benefit your hair.
- Reduces shedding. The caffeine that is contained within black tea blocks the DHT hormone that causes hair loss.
- Softens hair.
- Adds shine.
- Strengthens hair.
- Increases blood flow.
Benefits of Peppermint Essential oil
- It stimulates and increases blood circulation to the scalp thus promoting hair growth.
If you try this DIY ayurvedic tea, please come back on this post and share your experience.
Thank you for reading, until next time my loves kisses.
Post a Comment